Description: If you have a job that often dwells in a place identified dangerous substances, of course, a negative impact will you receive. One of them is tangent to asbestos.
Mesothelioma is a deadly cancer that its presence is rarely known and suffered by people adjacent to asbestos. This type of cancer develops in the mesothelium cells: parts that form several layers of body cavities, such as the chest cavity, heart sacs, and abdominal cavities. Malignant cancer is often found in people who have jobs in the industry and often inhale substances contained in asbestos, such as the housing industry, shipping industry, to homes that use asbestos.
The Causes of Mesothelioma
- Chemicals (dust) that come from asbestos will be inhaled and even swallowed. Not only the workers who often interact with asbestos, the nearest person, like the family, can also be affected because the asbestos dust is attached to the clothing, as well as the use of asbestos as a building material.
- The surrounding environment where many erionite substances or mineral zeolite substances similar to asbestos fibers can cause nearby communities to be exposed and malignant mesothelioma disease.
- Mesothelioma disease can be caused by the use of asbestos in buildings. Even in big countries, for example in the UK, the use of asbestos has been banned in order to avoid this deadly disease.
5 Mesothelioma Cancer Treatment You Can Try
Although mesothelioma cancer tends to kill, no need to worry because now there is mesothelioma treatment that can be done by people with this type of cancer. The treatment can extend the life expectancy of patients with mesothelioma cancer. To follow the stage of mesothelioma treatment, you can do it with surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and through alternative treatments naturally. To clarify the information on treatment, I will explain it on the points below.
- Treatment by surgery. If you choose this way, the purpose of surgery is to remove a tumor that multiplies in the lung membrane that covers the internal organs. This operation can also be combined in a therapeutic way.
- Treatment with chemotherapy. The goal of chemotherapy is to kill the cells and shrink the tumor cells that grow in the lungs. Drugs that are often used in chemotherapy is cisplatin combined with pemetrexed medicine to obtain better results.
- Treatment with radiation. Choosing radiation to treat mesothelioma cancer is very powerful in dealing with tumor cells and cancer as a whole.
- Treatment with acupuncture. Often the way acupuncture treatment is chosen by mesothelioma cancer patients because it has been proven to relieve other symptoms associated with mesotheliomas, such as symptoms of pain, shortness of breath, depression, and anxiety.
- Herbal medicine. Many treatments that use plants to overcome or prevent the growth of cancer, such as Claw Cat, astragalus, Mistletoe, celandine, and vitamin C. The plants are so powerful to increase the patient’s immune system.
If you already know how to treat mesothelioma disease, now progress in understanding the symptoms so you can do early prevention. Symptoms that often occur in people with mesothelioma disease, among others, shortness of breath, chest pain, anemia or lack of red blood cells, often feel tired, sounds hoarse and coughing, and often also cough with bloody phlegm.
A Malignant and Aggressive Mesothelioma Cancer
If you are diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma or malignant mesothelioma, keep in mind if the disease is fairly malignant and serious from diseases associated with asbestos. Although rare, mesothelioma cancer today cannot be called a rare disease. The major diseases and factors of mesothelioma are continuous exposure to asbestos within twenty to thirty years. Often the diagnosis of mesothelioma is very difficult for a physician because the disease often appears like other common ailments.